Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chopped Challenge - Awesome!!

I am a little obsessed with Chopped, especially Teen Chopped so my mom gave me a mystery basket challenge this weekend and here is what evolved.

Basket Ingredients:
Mascarpone Cheese
Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Buttercrisp Crackers


From the Pantry:
Maple Syrup
Salted Caramel Sugar
Baker's Secret
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Syrup
Currents or Champagne Grapes


What I made: Buttercrisp cracker layered with salted caramel, maple syrup mascarpone topped with popcorn and currents - yummy!!!



















The Foodie comments: Delicious overall
The judges thought it was presently nicely, and the salty sweet layers held their own and worked well together. Only negative: my mascarpone started to melt. Tip: keep bowl chilled after mixing the cheese.

Next Challenge: Cutthroat Kitchen - muwahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment